Tuesday, January 31, 2012

An Outdoor Classroom, Sort Of

The Outdoor Classroom... what that means to me is a wonderfully natural place for children to learn and grow in.  If you'd like to see my favorites take a look here, here, or here.  These are just a few of the many, many blogs I have seen and read with beautiful outdoor spaces, if you just browse through them, you'll see what I mean.  Their spaces are truly beautiful and welcoming.  

So, I have spent a long time trying to emulate some of these outdoor spaces.  Sometimes it's me that puts up my own obstacle, and sometimes it is licensing issues (which I won't go into) that keep me from creating the outdoor space I see in my dreams.  That being said, I did set up a little area on the patio this week with a table and chairs, chalkboard, and easel.  I also brought out a couple boxes of blocks to play with, and set some PVC pipe pieces in the sandbox to see what the kids would do with them.  I think it was a success...






I don't know if you can tell, there is a race care that he put through the pipe, it is coming out the bottom of the pipe.



Sometimes it's fun to just climb and lie down.
Little Man kept looking over the edge and shaking his head back and forth.

Exploring under the play structure was fun too
Although I haven't been able to create the yard of my dreams, it definitely is fun and there is always an adventure to be had.  I'll just keep working my way to where I want to be and some day I'm sure I'll get there ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment