Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Busy Morning

Sorry, no photos today.  The morning went by so fast, I didn't even get a chance to pick up the camera.

Over the long weekend I decided to mix things up and move some things around a bit.  I'm glad I did, the kids seemed engaged and having fun this morning.  With the move we have to readjust to where things are.  Even though all the kitchen food and toys are still on the same shelf, in the same baskets, the little ones were still disoriented because the shelf was not in its normal spot.  So, for the next week, or so, we will becoming acquainted with our surroundings again.  Keeps them on their toes :)

I like how the housekeeping/book corner came out.  I will take some photos and post them, but I made it much bigger and although they all love it, the little ones really enjoy carrying things around, moving items from the table to the shelf, and sitting at the table.  It came out cute.

We read the book The Hat, by Jan Brett.  We loved how all the animals began wearing Lisa's clothing just because Hedgie had her stocking on his head.  Yet, I think the most fun was recognizing the animals and making their sounds.  I was hearing pigs oinking and kitties meowing... it was cute, but got a little loud.  It was a very mild morning, so we got outside as soon as possible so we could get some fresh air before the wind kicked up and the rain began to fall.  We did get rained on, big fat drops on our heads, but we didn't mind and stayed out for a while in the rain.  Running and playing in the rain is always so much fun!!



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures! Our 2's love to carry things around, too. After they've left, I will find objects stashed in the funniest places. I need to get more of those baskets with handles so they can carry more around. If our shopping carts are inside, they really pack them up!

    ReplyDelete