Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Learning, Playing, Having Fun

I decided to turn our Theme this week into Pete the Cat... we are learning about numbers, colors, shapes, as well as sharing, patience, and friendship.  What a great book to cover most of those things.  Not only is the tune catchy, but the kids are relating everything back to him.  So, if you haven't done so yet... get online and find a video to hear the song, it will have you humming and singing to yourself all night long.  I actually woke up this morning singing the song... 

This morning Scamp HAD to have her purse to go to the bus stop.  She wouldn't stop moving for me to get a clear picture of her with it, but man she looked cute!!

We gathered lots of RED things from here and home and this is what we made with them all.
  There was a RED comb in there, but it kept falling off the ladybug.

The big kids used scissors today to cute their RED paper for Pete the Cat's RED shoe.

The stickiness was a lot of fun for Lil Bit.  She didn't know what she liked more, putting the RED paper on the shoe or touching the glue :)

This is real serious work for Little Man.

I introduced a color matching game at circle time today and the kids had a lot of fun playing with it.  It was a little easy for the big girls, but they enjoyed doing it over and over.  I think sometimes it's fun for them to do an easy learning game, giving them that feeling of success is always a good feeling.

Taking Turns

Little Man really enjoyed having some one-on-one time with Miss Michelle.  He loved picking up the circles, looking at me, matching them and then laughing.  He did this EVERY time he picked up a circle!!!

Lil Bit had fun with the matching game too.  She would pick up a circle, look at me, we would say the color and I would help her find the matching patch.  She would usually put it where I showed her, but every once in awhile she would put it somewhere else, but on purpose.  How'd I know this, you ask??  Well, she would put it on the wrong patch and bend over laughing.  She is to funny!!!


Working with small children, sometimes the best laid plans don't work out.  I thought we would read Pete the Cat once or twice this week, never did I imagine I would scrap all my other ideas and go with a Pete the Cat theme.  It's nice to be able to be flexible and have fun with the kids.  They learn a whole lot more when they are learning about things they are interested in.

1 comment:

  1. LB makes me laugh the way she pushes everything with her thumb & points with that middle finger! And do you know how many times I put a barrette in that kids hair during our visit!!!!!!!!

    LB's Grammy

    ReplyDelete