Thursday, September 30, 2010

Playdate

No photos today... so busy, and the camera's battery died, that I just wasn't able to get any shots. That doesn't mean we didn't have a very busy and fun day. Our new friends from around the corner came for another play date. It was really nice to have them here. Our Princess likes having other girls to play with sometimes. Though, everyone enjoyed playing together.

We made some new YELLOW play dough to have when our friends came. It was so soft and warm, they couldn't help but play with it. I also put some rice in the sensory table, and I'm sorry, but I only had red, but it was a review color so it was ok :) Our easel was up and running and the kids were actively engaged pretty much the whole time. Of course the trains, blocks, & house keeping were utilized as well.

I think the kids enjoy having new friends to play with and the time flies. I hope they can continue to come and play. It gives us new friends to try out all those great skills we work on everyday. Like using our words, problem solving, turn taking, patience, modeling appropriate behavior, and friendship. The kids really enjoy showing their new friends how to use their materials and equipment. Having this chance helps them find their leadership qualities and try them out. I love watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment