Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Man!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Another Birthday
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Well we had another Birthday!! Little Man turned 3!! We celebrated with fun games, chocolate cupcakes, and Little Man being the Helper of the Day!! We all love Birthday's!!!


We also finished our Valentine Creations, did some Heart Painting with red paint, and we graphed our candy hearts.










After we graphed our hearts, we tasted each color and picked the ones we liked best and graphed that. We decided that the Orange was the best, but Purple came in second. We also compared who had the most of each color, and who had the least. It was fun comparing. But we had the most fun eating :) I got the cute graph from here!!!





On another note, I was reading Teacher Tom's post from yesterday about "I Had It First" and I was thinking about all the times I have encountered a situation like that. Lately it hasn't been to bad with only the 5 kids and more than enough toys and material to play with. When I was in a preschool classroom it was much more prevalent. Of course, today I happen to walk into the playroom and what should before my eye's I see... two children, one laying on her back with a play dough rolling pin in her hands, another one standing over her with his hands on the other part of the rolling pin.


Boy: "I had it first"


Girl: "No, I had it first"


Boy: "I just set it down, I still had it first"


Girl: "I had it first"


Now, they both are tugging pretty hard. I happen to be coming back into the room from a hand washing trip with Little Miss M, and slowly walked over to them. They didn't even see me, they were so engrossed in their own drama. I cleared my throat to let them know I was there and quickly, before I had to say one word, the young gentlemen let go and quickly went back to his spot at the table. The young lady promptly got up, went to her seat (right next to his by the way) and with a heavy sigh said, "Thank you" and he said, "It's ok" That was it. Nothing more was said, I didn't have to utter a word or even ask what was going on, which was evident of course.


The young gentlemen knew he wasn't exactly in the right, and the young lady knew that he set that rolling pin down and wasn't playing with it when she picked it up, and she was going to stand her ground. No matter what. I am proud of her tenacity in the situation... and happy that he let go and walked away. I just wish it hadn't escalated to the tug of war that it did. We had a nice talk about sharing and just because you used it for a while, and put it down... doesn't mean you can be the keeper of that toy for the whole time. It reminds me so much of the Toddler Creed...
Which I will leave you with because it makes me smile every time I read it!!!!



The Toddlers Creed
by Dr. Burton L. White


Submitted by Heather Haas 08-04-01



If I want it,IT'S MINE!


If I give it to you and change my mind later, IT'S MINE!


If I can take it away from you, IT'S MINE!


If it's mine it will never belong to anybody else, No matter what.


If we are building something together, All the pieces are mine!


If it looks just like mine, IT'S MINE!


No comments:

Post a Comment