Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday

Aunt Jackie and Maia left today. We will miss them a lot. They taught us so much about Chinese New Year, and they were fun to have around. I just wish they didn't live so far away.

Today was a beautiful day. The weather seems like it may get warmer for a short time. We are expecting it to get cold again next week, but in the upper 50's this weekend, maybe even in the 60's!!! I am excited about that!! I love going outside and having the kids play for long stretches of time. It makes all the inside time worth it.

At Circle Time we went over what we learned this week about Chinese New Year, read some books, and did our Calendar. We then promptly went outside. It was great to swing, run and play in the mud!! There was so much of it!!! Having 4 young children when we moved into our home 3 yrs ago, we couldn't and haven't been able to get grass to take. It starts to grow, but the kids kill it very quickly by running on it, and don't get me started on the dogs. They tear it up!!! Needless to say, the kids get muddy each Spring. Then the dry spell hits and the dirt turns to rock (it seems) and dust. I can't win :)

I am starting to get bored with our lunch options... Today was noodles, sauce, crackers, fruit, and meatballs with Milk. Little Miss M brings her lunch everyday and today she brought an egg fritata, cucumber salad, and strawberries... YUM!! I think I need to get more creative with lunch, and healthier. So, I am going to come up with some yummy options for next week. If anyone knows of some good links or recipes, please let me know!! Thanks!!!

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, this might not sound like something kids will like, but many of them do . . . Kale Chips.

    Stick with me . . .

    Preheat the oven to 375-400.

    Cut up some kale to the size of chips (leaving out the thick ribs down the center of the leaves) and toss it with a little bit of olive oil and salt.

    Spread the kale on a baking sheet put them in the oven, stirring and tasting occasionally until they are crispy, but not brown.

    They are seriously tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teacher Tom,
    Thanks so much for the recipe... we will try anything once :) I have come to realize that healthy foods don't have to taste bad just because they are healthy, and my reaction to it definitely makes a big impact on how the kids perceive it. Thanks Again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 8 weeks of rotating menus, and I'm still getting bored. Hope you get some good ideas...cuz I need Menu Weeks 9 and 10!
    Before I started the rotating menus, seemed like we were having the same things every week.

    ReplyDelete