Monday, April 4, 2011

W is for Weather

A new week is upon us and we got busy playing and learning!! I bought a few new bouncy balls and Little Man found them right away this morning. Those balls kept him busy for a half an hour, he just pushed them, crawled after them, and held onto them... then repeated, over and over again. Mastering a skill, loving it!! We had some Practical Life work going on also. Last week I introduced a "tray" with a bucket, some cute character wash clothes, and a small scrub brush and showed them how to wash the tables. I'm sure you can imagine, it was a hit. I have the cleanest tables. I think I need to introduce the dusting work next, my shelves always need to be dusted.

( Even Little Man wants to help)


During Circle today we talked about the letter Ww. It is a tricky letter, because it's sound isn't the same as how you pronounce the letter. They want to make the sound "da"... so we first talked about it's sound. Then we thought about different words we could think of that started with a W... Worm, Watermelon, Wagon, Walk, and (with my hinting) Weather!!


We read the book, The Sun is My Favorite Star, by Frank Asch, and Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today? by Tish Rabe, which is from The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library series. We mostly talked about today's weather, Sunny, Warm, and VERY Windy. I introduced them to their Weather Journal that we will record the weather this week and unanimously decided that after such a rainy, cold week last week, the weather was telling us to bag our plans for the day and get to the park... so that is just what we did. On the walk we talked about the wind, how it was blowing the trees, leaves, etc... and especially how it was blowing the clouds away. That was something we learned about in our weather book. Connections being made, Yeah!!!



(Ok, I know you won't believe this, but Little Miss M is doing Acupuncture on Sprout. Her Aunt does it to her, to cute!!!)




Having Fun!!!



The boat became a House today. They read books in there, played house, and built with the blocks to make a castle. By the end of the morning they wanted to turn it back into a boat though, we'll see what it become tomorrow.



Tomorrow we will get back to experimenting with the weather, but I'm glad we were able to get out and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment