Friday, June 25, 2010

TGIF

Well, our week is coming to an end. We have had a lot of fun getting wet, playing with our friends and hanging around these hot, humid days.

We got to use a friends water slide this week. I took photos, but I can't find the camera to download/upload them. HUH?? Where did I put it down?? Anyway... it was a lot of fun, lots of giggling, taking risks, and of course, getting muddy!! My yard is the best for mud... the bigger boys experimented with their weights to see who could go fastest, and keep going off the end, into the mud. Gotta love it!! The little ones loved watching and trying their hardest to keep up. A huge shout out to Ms Lisa & Adam for the use of the slide!!!

Yesterday, we had a more quiet day. I got out our tent, set it up in the yard, and the kids had fun running around in it and playing games. The big kids got to zip the little ones out and then I let the little ones do the same to the big kids... but they would rather have them in there so it wasn't long before those pesky big kids were sneaking in (much to the giggles and delight of the Little's!!)

We got out the cornstarch, water and chalk for the kids to experiment with. I laid everything out on an outdoor table and the kids had fun experimenting. One of my son's loved it and really got the Little's into it. The grating of the chalk was the hardest part for the Little's, so the big kids helped them, which got them into the project as well. I love to see them interact with each other.

We ended with another wet day today... the kids love getting wet and had a ball splashing, shooting, and soaking each other. It tired them out and now it is time for a movies for the Big's and nap for the Little's :) I get to post finally and finish cleaning up for the weekend. I love my job, but I am looking forward to the weekend :)

My Mom comes in tomorrow and the kids can't wait to have a visit with their Nanny!! I can't wait to just spend some time with my Mom!! So, it may be a quiet week next week.... I will try to post about what we are up to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment