Friday, November 19, 2010

It's All Worth It

We have been having a hard time at nap time this week so I haven't had much time to get on the computer... but, as hard as those days can be, it all is worth it when I think of the little things.

Did you ever have a child snuggle so sweetly and closely on your shoulder, tucking their little arms under themselves, and press in for a long, quiet moment... I did, today. It makes it all worth it.

Did you ever have an infant look at you with big, round brown eyes and smile a smile so big, just because he heard you talk... I did, today. It makes it all worth it.

Did you ever have a parent tell you their child cried on the way home because they didn't get to give you a hug and kiss goodbye... I did, today. It makes it all worth it.

Did you ever have a child slip their hand into yours without you noticing, and then just stand next to you and look out at whatever it is that your are looking at, smiling... I did, today. It makes it all worth it.

Did you ever have a child tell you they love you... I did, twice, today. It makes everything worth it.

I am a lucky person to have such precious souls loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment