Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Quiet Week

What a week... no kids. I have loved having the week to unwind after family went home to NY and all the busy of the Holiday. I got to sleep until 10 o'clock in the morning... OMG... that hasn't happened in a really, really long time. I thought I could get used to it, but it is now Thursday and I have been waking up at 6:30 each morning... willing myself to go back to sleep. I did get to sit around and watch movies for 2 days straight... another thing I don't get to do often.
I rented Julia & Julie, what a great movie. I don't know something about it just touched me. Maybe it was because she blogged, or it could have been all the cooking. I love to cook. I never have enough time or the tools needed to make the meals Julie made, but how I wish I could. I made 2 New Years Resolution... 1 of course was losing some weight, so maybe this will be the year I start really cooking. Paying attention to what goes into my mouth as much as I pay attention to what goes into the kids mouth. Hmmmm.... what cookbook will I use?? One that I can combine what I like and what the kids will actually eat. Any ideas???
I also got to see The Proposal & Seven Pounds. I know totally opposite. I liked the Proposal... funny but very predictable. Seven Pounds, well... hmmm.... kinda weird... enough said :)
I have decided that I need to do this each year. Maybe take off this week every year... it has been a nice week.
I guess I should try to get the playroom ready for next week. Lesson plans need to be completed and materials put out. Well... there is always tomorrow :)

Have a Happy, Healthy & Blessed New Year to All!!!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, isnt it funny how over achiever don't really know how to slow down? I am so glad you got a chance to walk on the wild side. I did spend one day in my PJ's and it felt so good!

    Now.. to clean up the house from the busy holidays and get ready for monday!

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week! Last year, I didn't take a whole week off, just long weekends. I definitely decided that I need that whole week to recharge!
    I'm off to de-Christmastize the house, and get ready for next week too. I'm also very ready to get back into a normal routine!
    By the way, I saw The Proposal last weekend, too, and thought the same as you. We also watched The Hangover, which was hilarious!
    As far as the cooking, I do not like to cook...that is definitely a chore for me. I'm ok at it and can do it, just don't like to. Which is why I've hired my mom to come over 3 days a week to cook our lunch, bake, and clean my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete