Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sand, Santa & Squshie...

It is still rainy here!!!  I, for one, am getting pretty tired of the rain.  I want blue skies and sunshine!!!  This crew needs to be outside, running and working off some energy.  Anyone who knows me, knows I usually go out even on rainy days, but this week we have runny noses and coughs.  I know rain doesn't make anyone sick, but being cold, wet, and miserable, doesn't help any either :)

Instead, we stayed inside and played in the sand table...

Sand Table???  I think more like sand floor :)


 Then we read our "Where Oh Where is Santa Claus" story again and then made some Santa Ornaments...

I made some puffy paint, out of flour, salt, water, and glitter glue, to make the face of Santa with.   Little Man kept getting it on his hands.  I think, because it was the same color as the plate, he kept forgetting it was wet and messy.  Each time he touched it he would say, "OHHHHH..."

Scamp had just gotten up from her nap and when she saw the craft she just had to do it.  I decided to not  continue the puffy paint with the little ones as it didn't work real well with them.  Scamp actually put the puffs on the glue without to much direction from me.

My little Artist.... need I say more ;)

It took Sprout a while to get all the puffy paint on the plate... we finally put a nice glob on the plate and she spread it out.  


Here are just two of the finished products...
They are a little heavy due to the flour mixture, but I hope they work.  

Lil Bit had fun just playing in the Squshie flour mixture...



My school age kids had a half day today and I let them make some of our button snowflake ornaments.... they came out really cute.  Now, since it is nap time, they are watching a movie.  Yesterday they came home from school and had to make a Bow Wreath... I love it when they want to craft.  

No comments:

Post a Comment