Monday, August 10, 2009

Celebration Week

We have been busy this past week gearing up for our week before school camp... it seems all the teacher's go back to school... their children do not. So we get a few extra for the week before school starts. So I choose to do a Celebration Week... we will be celebrating Popcorn, Friendship, Water, Cookies, and Friday!! We will also have a End of Summer Picnic Bash on the Monday before school starts!!! I am excited. I think the kids will love getting into a routine again, though peeling those big kids away from the video games will be hard. I have learned some fun facts about cookies... I didn't even know there was a National Cookie Day... it seems to fall on December 4th this year... (I think). I will post some fun pictures of our week and maybe even some fun facts about Popcorn... I know everyone is on the edge of their seats for that one :)
That is why I haven't been able to blog each night. I have been searching the Montessori Blog World for idea's for some practical life trays, how to make a hand washing station with what I have in my house, and drooling over the light table I saw on Annie's slide show at Annie's Alphabet Childcare. So, I will keep you posted on how our week goes and what I decide to put on my shelves!!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, if you can find a way to either purchase or make a light table (we made ours), I highly, highly recommend it. The more I use it, the more I love it. I am finding more and more things to do with it all the time.

    It's Annie's fault that I had to have one, too, lol!!

    ReplyDelete