Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Whatcha Macallit


Does any one know what this thing is called?? I went to TeriKidz Consignment sale on Sunday and found one of these on the table and thought... "Ah, for 2 bucks, the kids might like it in the Science Center" Well... Low and Behold they LOVED it. We have been using it every minute we get. We touch it, shake it, rub our hands on the pegs, push the pegs, put our faces in it, our hands, feet, knees... airplanes, Thomas the Train, you name it... we have probably tried to see what it looks like within the pegs. I thought it would be a good open-ended experiment for the kids, and even the school agers love it. The Before Schoolers come in and quietly go to the Math/Science Center and sit with it until more kids come and eventually a whole crowd is watching, calling out things that could be done and waiting for their turn. After school is the same, but they have to wait for the preschoolers to wake up... then they all watch to see if they can be the first one to get to it. It think it was a good purchase... even if it only lasts us this week before it breaks from the loving wear and tear of a popular daycare item... I know I got my money's worth already!!!












Peek-A-Boo

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what it's called either, but I get the same reaction around here when I bring ours out! We have a bright green one. I've had mine for 3 or 4 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i used to have one but it was about a fourth the size.

    i love how clear these images are.

    but, i have no idea what it's called.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids have one of these and they love it!

    ReplyDelete