Friday, June 1, 2012

Tie Dye Day

Tie Dying with the 3 and under set makes for an interesting morning!!!
We started off with the same kit as last year, I let the kids dunk their shirts in water and squeeze the water out, then they picked their design from a little colored pamphlet in the tie dye box.  I did the best I could to simulate the design like the photos and rubber banded them up.  


Off we go...













Last year we used the same kit and made 6 shirts and had lots of color dye left over... 
This year, we ran out a lot quicker.  I guess the little ones squeezed the bottles harder or something, because we were lucky to get enough color for the 5 shirts we did.

But the final products were great!!!

I found instructions on how to make the little heart...
I love how they came out!!!
Look how cute we look!!!

Cheese!!!

6 comments:

  1. They came out great!!! You could start a little business on the side (in all your spare time!) :) I bet they loved it when they saw the end result-especially since they "made" them. Such fun things get done there!!!
    Lil Bit's Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been really impressed by going through this awesome blog. it's baby time

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the children in these pictures are having a lot of fun making tie dye T-shirts. I'm looking for a child care center for my kids. It's important that they take part in fun activities, like making tie dye T-shirts. I think that expressing themselves creatively and creating things is vital for development.
    Bill Li | http://www.cedarbraecc.llcentre2.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those kids look like they're having so much fun! My cousin is looking for a childcare service right now. I hope that she can find a place that is as much fun for her child as it was for these kids!
    Keara Littner | http://www.erinakindergarten.com.au/htm/enrolment.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very interesting read and a great post alltogether. thanks for sharing this information.

    Child Care Services

    ReplyDelete